Finding the right contacts for your business using Contact Discovery
To reach the correct potential customers for your business, it is important to first to reach correct prospects and leads. We saw in our earlier blog on Prospecting, that if you do not reach the correct prospects who, you know, can turn into potential clients, then the marketing efforts would be of no use.
After Prospecting and creating an Ideal Customer profile (ICP), you have to scan, identify and grab contacts that match your customer profile. The process of shortlisting potential customers from the list of prospects is done via the method of Contact Discovery.
What is Contact Discovery?
- Contact Discovery is the process of finding the right contacts for your business who are in need of your products or services and who, in future, will potentially buy them.
- Contact Discovery helps you discover decision makers of any business; those who have the authority to take decisions on behalf of his/her organization whether they want to buy the products or avail the services.
- Not only does it help you to connect with the prospective customers; Contact Discovery also aids in validating their information and details like demographics, requirements, company history etc.
- Contact Discovery is a detailed procedure of mining data from relevant sources and creating a database of suitable contacts who are potential leads.
(Visit https://salesjarvis.ai/ to know more about Sales Jarvis, a Sales automation tool.)
Step-by-step process for Contact Discovery
- Step 1 : Create a buyer persona
Before proceeding with extracting contacts data, it is important to first understand your buyer persona. The Ideal Customer Profile (ICP) in the Prospecting phase and creating a buyer persona are terms that are interchangeably used in the Marketing/Sales world. To understand your target audience and their requirements is the first step towards Contact Discovery. Details like who your contact is, which industry they belong to (unless your product is not industry specific), their company size, demographics, their decision makers and how your product/service would be of use to them are some of the questions that you need to ask yourself while creating your buyer persona.
- Step 2 : List target industries, companies and decision makers
Creating a buyer persona helps you squeeze in your target market which makes it easier to concentrate on relevant industries and companies. Study the pattern of your potential buyers, zero in on specific buyers, aim for the correct decision makers, for eg, if your product is a sales automation software, then your target should be the Sales Head as he will be the decision maker.
- Step 3 : Extract & Validate Contact details of the Contacts
The LinkedIn Sales Navigator is the best tool to extract and fetch contact details from LinkedIn. There are hundreds of tools available online which help in extracting data from multiple sources as well as validating the authenticity of the same.
Sales Jarvis for automated Contact Discovery
While there are plenty of tools to choose from, the downside is that most of them have limited functionality like Time bound Prospecting, laborious lead and appointment generation, erroneous data etc.
- A sales acceleration platform, Sales Jarvis, is a Sales automation tool that automates your entire sales cycle by implementing prospecting automation, contact discovery, lead generation, email outreach, linkedIn outreach, outbound marketing, appointment generation and much more.
- Sales Jarvis automates the entire Contact Discovery process to provide ready to use contacts and their details which speeds up the entire process.
- Based on the criteria and filters selected, Sales Jarvis helps you identify your target audience from 25+ sources like LinkedIn/angel/crunchbase etc.
- After identifying the correct audience, data for prospective clients is mined and the contact information of these clients is extracted from the system. Sales Jarvis also does email address validation of the prospects. This ensures you get validated enriched information of your prospective clients.
- Not only does Sales Jarvis help companies build their own workflows depending on their criteria while searching the target audience but also provides a library of already existing workflows which companies can use, some examples of which are targeting recently funded companies, targeting actively hiring companies, etc.
- Sales Jarvis doesn't stop here, it does a whole lot of things - Connect with us now to see SALES JARVIS in action and to ACCELERATE your SALES cycle.